Open iTunes \ App Store to download app.
iBabylon – translation @ a touch!
Babylon, the world’s leading provider of dictionary and translation software, brings you ** iBabylon ** for iPhone and iPod.
iBabylon gives you quick and comprehensive dictionary results in over 75 languages, as well as effective full-text translations between dozens of languages.
- Translate to Multiple Languages: iBabylon allows you to choose multiple target languages and receive translations in all these languages for every word – simultaneously!
- Dictionary AND Full-Text Translations: seamlessly switch between ‘Dictionary’ and ‘Text’ modes. In ‘Dictionary’ mode, you get in-depth translations for words and expressions. In ‘Text’ mode, you can easily translate full paragraphs with a single touch.
- Huge Selection of Glossaries: Gain access to translations from over 1,500 glossaries in 75 languages. iBabylon’s provides translations from various data sources including language dictionaries, reference glossaries, subject-specific glossaries and much more.
- Choose Between 15 Interface Languages: Whether your native language is English, Russian or Chinese, iBabylon can be easily adjusted to suit your preferences.
- Pasteboard Integration: To make things a little easier, iBabylon integrates with your device’s clipboard. When the application detects new content in the Pasteboard, it automatically provides a dictionary definition or a text translation for this content.
- Automatic Language Detection: iBabylon will automatically attempt to detect the language of new text entered for translation.
- Landscape Support: Seamlessly switch between portrait and landscape modes to maximize screen utilization.
- Shake to Clear: Shake your iPhone to clear the previous result and enter a new term for translation.
- Fast and Intuitive: iBabylon starts up in less than 2 seconds, and is immediately ready – just type the word and hit ‘search’. No need to provide the language – iBabylon will detect it for you.
- Small footprint: With a footprint of just over 1MB, iBabylon is a breeze to install and takes very little space on your device. No lengthy post-installation steps, no unpacking of space-consuming glossaries – just download and it’s ready to go!
Note: iBabylon retrieves results online from Babylon’s servers, and requires a working Internet connection to function correctly.
What's New in Version 1.6.5
Bug fix: Fixed a problem that caused a crash when opening the 'settings' view for a small number of users.
Back to Questions